Ambush Boarding Co. is about to celebrate its 15th Anniversary. In observation of the last decade and a half, let’s take a look back and see just how long 15 years really is:
When Ambush opened in June of 1997, Bill Clinton was president, Ally McBeal and Dawson’s Creek were considered great television, Michael Jordan just won his fifth of six NBA championships, and Titanic won Best Picture.
In 1997, only 18% of households had the internet. As of 2010, over 80% are online (the other 20% live in caves). Similarly, only 18% of the U.S. population had cell phones in 1997. That figure is now upwards of 97%. S#!t, nearly 60% of cell phones now have the internet. In 1997, text messaging didn’t exist, Google was still a research project, and a gallon of gas cost $1.20 on average.